Thursday, October 24, 2013

Music in my Heart ...

Hello my friends ...

I'm back as promised with my second posting today . . .

at Papercrafters Corner.
There are so many things I could have done with this 'memory refreshing' magazine cover, but I chose to use the colors as my inspiration.  Do you remember this publication?  Well, as much as I hate to admit it (telling my age here ... but I'm sure most of you already know I'm OLD ... lol).  I do remember it!  As a matter of fact, I believe I had THIS EXACT issue!  
Do you recognize the characters referenced on the top of this magazine cover?  
Beany and Cecil . . . 
That was one of my favorite cartoons ... okay, enough reminiscing ... back to my card creation for the challenge.   As I was saying, I chose to use the COLORS  ... Orange, Yellow, Green, Black & White for this weeks creation and here's what I came up with.

The flowers on this card were flowers I learned how to create while at Joan's Gardens a few weeks back. 
They are layers and layers of crepe paper, colored with TH Distress re-inker "Spiced Marmalade" and water...
I love how the color varies!!  Such a fun technique!

I have used a scrap of dark olive card stock to die cut my leaves using the Cheery Lynn Designs B178 Flourish Leaf Strip.  The yellow panel was punched using the Martha Stewart Trellis punch and the musical brads are by Recollections.  I chose to cut the 'brad legs' off and pop them up with some foam tape.


That's it for me today!
Still working on crafty show projects so I'd best get back to work!

Thanks so much for stopping and why not take a minute and check out this awesome site.  It is SO MUCH FUN to join in this challenge and to see all the different creations that come from the very same inspirational magazine cover.  You'll be hooked just like me!!  LOL!!
Here's the LINK!

As always . . .

4 comments:

  1. I love this card! The flowers are fabulous! Added to my 'Must give this a try' list. I too remember Beanie n Cecil, so you're not alone in the oops " we're old" arena. :) Hope all is well you my friend. Hugs from FL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You MADE those flowers?! WOW...beautiful! I really like how you incorporated the music notes into it. Really pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty - love the flowers and such great colors for this time of year. I loved this magazine too - but don't recall that cartoon - looks interesting. Hope you have a wonderful weekend - Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vibrant and beautiful flowers, I want to make some more!! Love the music notes tucked in...very creative and gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.