Tuesday, October 29, 2013

PaperCrafter's Corner Challenge

Hello my friends!

Sorry I've not been posting as much as I usually do, but as you know this is 'craft show' time so even though I've been creating up a storm, I've not taken the time to photograph and share everything here on my blog ... you would go crazy if I posted that much!!  LOL!!

BUT today I have a creation I quickly put together for the Magazine Monday Week #28 Challenge over at PaperCrafter's Corner (LOVE THIS CHALLENGE) and here is this week's magazine cover we are drawing inspiration from.

Papercrafting Inspiration: Magazine Mondays-Week Twenty-Eight Inspiration Piece (image)

The first thing to catch my eye is the 'domino' piece right in the center of the cover ... so THAT is where my creation began.  I took a piece of 4x6 black cardstock and started punching holes in it.  Then, using up a few of the OH SO MANY scraps laying on my worktable at the moment, I started cutting strips and shapes and came up with this design:


I don't know about you, but I am always in need of masculine birthday cards so that too was utmost on my mind when I was creating.  I am NOT a 'symmetrical' design style person so this is really out of my comfort zone but hopefully someone will be able to enjoy it!

A few additional challenges:
Die Cuttin Divas #139 - Anything Goes (must include a die cut)
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
Shopping Our Stash - Stitching (faux or real)
 Twisted Tuesday Challenge - Free For All (twist: anything goes)

I hope you'll check out this fabulous, insightful site and then come join in the inspirational fun challenges.  
And, there are prizes!!
Hope to see you there!

NOW I really must get back to craft show projects if I'm ever going to be ready for Saturday's show!
Thanks for stopping by and as always ...

Recipe:
Papers:  Black, Green, Maroon, Yellow, Pumpkin, Brown card stock
Stamp/Ink:  Impression Obsession/Versafine Onyx
Accessories:  Cheery Lynn Designs 'B178' Flourish leaf strip, Cottage Cutz 'Deer w/wreath #283' (bow), Spellbinder 'Party Time' Shapabilities (cars), 1/8" hole punch, TH fine tip black marker
Technique:  Faux Stitching

10 comments:

  1. A Fabulous creation thank you for joying us for the A H Design blog hop xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dar! Your card is so much fun! The domino was a very good starting point! Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, awesome my friend!!! What a fun and creative card!! You sure nailed this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great masculine card! The bold colours really pop! Thanks for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! Love those cars and the creative design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you did the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this. The idea really works and is a great card. Thansk for playing with DCD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you've managed to work all those scraps into such a fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fun! Love seeing those cars heading uphill!

    Thank you for participating in the Twisted Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat project! Thank you for joining us this week at the Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenbge Blog! We hope you play along with us again soon!

    Jackie, Crafty Sentiments Designs DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.